The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) ("us", "we", or "our") operates the Research Facilities Navigator website (the "Site"). This page informs you of our procedures regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from Users (“you”, “your”) of our Site.
The CFI is subject to the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act. The personal information you provide to us by accessing and using our Site will be managed in accordance with the Privacy Act. By using our Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this notice.
Information collection and use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address and phone number.
We will only disclose your information for purposes identified in this Privacy Notice, or if required by law. To the best of our ability, the information will be stored, handled and distributed in a secure manner at all times. The information that we collect and store is primarily used for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions, comments and suggestions;
- To provide you with information relating to our services;
- To perform quality assurance activities (e.g., client satisfaction surveys);
- To develop promotional materials related to User experience of the Site and its services, using information in aggregate or anonymous form (promotional use of information with attribution will be used only with the specific consent of the User); and
- To monitor our website analytics, using data in aggregate form.
We may share your information with third party service providers who help us with specialized services, including but not limited to website hosting, analytics, mail and email distribution, mobile messaging, promotions and surveys. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services.
Cookies and log data
Like many site operators, we also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("cookies", “log data”).
Cookies and log data track information related to your computer’s browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.