NAIT Centre for Sensors and System Integration supports industry to integrate prototype and systems that address sensor-based challenges.
The NAIT Centre for Sensors and System Integration (CSSI) helps industry partners develop prototype devices that address sensor-based challenges in resource extraction, agriculture, biomedical, and advanced technology enterprises. We work with both established sensor devices and new or innovative devices. Our team uses engineering technology to produce and evaluate prototypes for a field trial. Our full-time technical staff and well-equipped labs enable us to move innovations from proof-of-concept to demonstration ready prototypes. We work collaboratively with other service providers, and we do not retain any IP.
- Design services
- Concept ideation & design review
- Technology & workflow consultation
- Project management
- Business mentorship referrals
- Early-stage business development
- Fabrication, prototyping and installation services
- Non-destructive inspection (NDI)
- Performance monitoring and management
- Proof of concept
- Testing services
- Test and characterization
- Sample analysis & testing
- Literature reviews
- Field trials/simulation
- Funding assistance on applied research projects
- Technology development
- Technology evaluation/validation
- Components/parts fabrication
- Construction consultation services
- Problem solving
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Clean technology
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Information and communication technologies and media
- Manufacturing and processing
Specialized Labs and Equipment
Equipment in use
Class 4 certified laser testing facility
Test facility for optical photonics integration
Facility for microelectronics development: PCB design and fabrication facility, pick & place system, and reflow ovens for mounting components.
Micro and Nanotechnology Integration Facility: Class 1000 clean room, lithography, etch systems, sputtering & evaporation systems for deposition.
Electronic, Optical, Micro and Nanotechnology Test and Characterization Facility including SEM, electronic test instruments, spectral characterization equipment, and profilometer.
Unique fabrication facility: 5-axis waterjet system, 3D metal sintering system, Thermatron environmental chamber.
Advanced Material Development and Characterization Facility: 5000 SqFt of dedicated space for advanced material development in pipeline and energy sector.