Research on understanding and improving the livelihoods of rural peoples to ensure sustainable futures.
The Rural Livelihoods and Sustainable Communities Laboratory is a unique facility that provides the necessary technology, fieldwork and safety equipment to researchers and graduate and undergraduate students allowing them to conduct state-of-the-art fieldwork in rural, Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities throughout rural and remote Canada.
Data analyses and processing equipment, transcription equipment, presentation equipment.
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Policy and governance
- Tourism and hospitality
Private and Public Sector Research Partners
- Government organizations at municipal, provincial and federal levels
- Toronto Dominion Bank
- Michaëlle Jean Centre for Global and Community Engagement
- United Way
- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health
- White Buffalo Aboriginal and Métis Health Society