Advancing knowledge and practice in cybersecurity, digital forensics, threat hunting and threat intelligence.
The Cyber Science Lab is a state-of-the-art cybersecurity and digital forensics lab developing turnkey solutions and providing security services to protect Canada’s critical infrastructure. We support cybersecurity needs of critical infrastructure operators in different sectors including energy and utilities, finance, food, transportation, government, information and communication technology, health, safety, water, manufacturing.
The Cyber Science Lab has a successful track of serving and collaborating on advanced R&D projects many Canadian businesses including Canada’s Department of National Defence, Bruce Power, Equitable (EQ) Bank, the Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange, eSentire, iS5 Communications, and GlassHouse Systems. We have an extensive track in developing machine learning and deep learning-based solutions for cyber threat intelligence, threat hunting, and threat attribution.
- Turnkey cybersecurity solution development
- Cyber risk assessment
- Cyber threat hunting
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Vulnerability assessment
- Penetration testing
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Defence and security industries
- Financial services and insurance
- Healthcare and social services
- Information and communication technologies and media
- Manufacturing and processing
- Policy and governance
- Professional and technical services (including legal services, architecture, engineering)
Specialized labs and equipment
Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Cyberattack Simulator System
State-of-the-art modules for simulating various attacks against industrial control systems, and embedded controllers ideal for advanced monitoring applications.
ICS/IoT Forensics Workbench Suite
The Suite includes tools for data extraction from printed circuit boards, In-System Programming (ISP) forensics and Chip-Off works.
Private and public sector research partners
- EQ Bank (Equitable Bank)
- Bruce Power
- Canadian Cyber Threat Exchange (CCTX)
- iS5 Communications
- GlassHouse Systems