Develops new approaches and tools for protecting information systems and their data against malicious hacking activities (information and system security)
The last decade has been marked by a recurrence of hacking incidents more or less damaging. The Information Security and Object Technology (ISOT) Lab, established since 1999, is specialized in developing new approaches and tools for protecting information systems and their data against malicious hacking activities. The lab leverages advanced Artificial intelligence and Data Mining techniques for solving cybersecurity challenges. The ISOT Lab is known worldwide for its influential work and contributions in biometrics technologies, botnet and other forms of intrusion detection, and software quality engineering.
- Network Penetration Testing
- Threat Analysis and Modeling
- Evaluation of New Protection Systems
- Defence and security industries
- Financial services and insurance
- Healthcare and social services
- Information and communication technologies and media
Specialized labs and equipment
Network Security Testbed
Virtual platform for emerging cybersecurity threat analysis and evaluation of protection technologies
Private and public sector research partners
- Bell Canada
- Plantiga Technologies Inc.
- Disrupted Logic
- Medium Rare Interactive Inc.
- Plurilock Security Solutions Inc.
- LWTL Media Inc.
- Email Veritas Security Technologies Ltd.