Research in the fields of imaging and video surveillance in the visible and infrared spectra.
The laboratory develops methods and algorithms for automatic detection and tracking of actors (people and vehicles) that are visible in a camera’s field of view. It focuses on instances where the actor to be detected is considered known at first sight or where the actor is considered unknown or unexpected. LITIV has unique experience in using infrared cameras and visible spectrum cameras for video surveillance applications. It also specializes in video surveillance by pan-tilt-zoom (PTV) camera.
LITIV’s research services focus primarily on developing image processing algorithms, detection and tracking algorithms, and algorithms for measuring temperatures with thermographic cameras.
- Defence and security industries
- Healthcare and social services
- Information and communication technologies and media
- Life sciences, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
Specialized labs and equipment
Laboratory for research and innovation in the field of real-time computer monitoring
· Sony DFW-SX910 cameras
· Sony XCD-710CR camera
· Sony SNC-RZ25N PTZ IP camera
· Sony SNC-RZ50N PTZ IP camera
· Sony SNC-CS11 IP camera
· Sony SNC-CS50N IP camera
· Unibrain Fire-i 580c cameras
· Unibrain Fire-i 785c cameras
· FLIR Thermovision A40V infrared cameras
· FLIR Thermovision A40M infrared cameras
· Thermovision A10 infrared camera
· Mirkoscan M7500 infrared camera
· Point Grey Ladybug 3 spherical camera
These cameras allow the lab to study various aspects of video surveillance:
· Object tracking by PTZ camera
· Multi-camera tracking
· Object tracking by visible/infrared stereoscopy
· Real-time measurement of object temperatures
· 360 degree object tracking
· Study of processing quality based on variations in frame rate and image resolution.