Chemical composition data for various media. Chemical analysis of various media, research, method development, and consultation to address analytical problems
The Laboratory provides concentrations of major, minor and trace elements in various media, including rock, soil, surface and ground water, biological and experimental products, mainly by using plasma spectrochemical techiques (ICPES, ICPMS), and Microwave Plasma). It also carries out measurement of anions in waters by ion chormatography. Customized analytical method development services are available.
Multi-elemental analysis by plasma spectrochemical techniques, anion and speciation analysis, analytical consultation, research and method development for customized analytical needs.
- Agriculture, animal science and food
- Chemical industries
- Clean technology
- Construction (including building, civil engineering, specialty trades)
- Environmental technologies and related services
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Forestry and forest-based industries
- Life sciences, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
- Manufacturing and processing
- Mining, minerals and metals
- Ocean industries
Specialized labs and equipment
|Agilent Vista-Pro ICP-OES
|Analysis of major and minor elements (on the order of parts per million, mg/litre)
Agilent 7700x ICPMS
Agilent 8800QQQ ICPMS
Element XR High Resolution ICPMS
|Analysis of trace elements (on the order of parts per trillion nanogram/litre)
|Customized analysis, such as monitoring the concentration of elements during chemical reactions, Research and Method Development
|Dionex™ Ion Chromatography System
|Concentration analysis of anions, such as sulfate, nitrate, F, Cl, Br, and I.
|Photon Machines Analyte 193H, Excimer Laser
|Direct-Spot analysis of solids by laser ablation-ICPMS
Private and public sector research partners
- Musselwhite Mine
- Goldcorp Canada Ltd.
- NSERC-CRD (Collaborative Research Development Grants program of Natural Science and Engineering Research Council)
- MITACS (Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems)
- Canadian Mining Innovation Council
- Abbott Point of Care Labs
- Goldcorp inc.
- Isowater Corporation