Put your research facility on the map
Join hundreds of researchers across the country who are promoting their expertise and infrastructure on the Research Facilities Navigator.
The Navigator is open to publicly-funded research facilities located in universities, colleges, hospitals and federal government departments and agencies across Canada that are interested in exploring opportunities for research collaborations with external partners.
By listing your research facility in the Navigator, you promote your research capabilities to diverse audiences located in Canada and abroad who are looking for the right partner in ventures that could improve productivity, advance innovation or contribute to our knowledge of the world we live in. Use your Navigator profile to:
- Help your research facility stand out with high-quality content and visuals
- Attract research talent by showcasing your facility and opportunities to work with other partners, and
- Optimize the use of your rare and/or specialized research infrastructure.
To be considered for listing in the Navigator, research facilities must be interested in exploring opportunities for research collaborations with external partners, be affiliated with a Canadian post-secondary, hospital, non-profit or government institution, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The facility is funded by the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- The facility is not funded by the CFI but is located at a CFI-eligible university
- The facility is a member in good standing with Tech-Access Canada
- The facility is a member in good standing with Le Réseau des centres collégiaux de transfert Synchronex
- The facility is located within a federal organization of Canada.
The purpose of the Navigator is to support research collaborations among Canadian universities, colleges, hospitals, non-profit and government institutions, and users in all sectors. By listing your facility on the Navigator, you accept and agree that CFI-funded infrastructure will not be used to support routine testing of samples or products or technical consulting services offered by private-sector firms.
Create a profile
To create a profile, simply fill in the form and submit it. Make it easier for visitors to find your facility by following the instructions and tips included.
Your institution or facility is responsible for the completeness, currency and integrity of the information provided. Some language services, such as copy editing and translation, may also be provided. Please contact us to enquire.
Each facility profile allows you to feature:
- Contact and location information
- Areas of expertise, research services and specialized equipment
- Current and/or potential areas for private- and public-sector partnerships
- News and multimedia showcasing your facility, and
- Social media platforms.
Modify an existing profile
Updates to your profile can be made at any time. To ensure that the content remains up-to-date, we also invite research facilities to review their profiles annually to validate the posted content.
A working copy of your profile content, including information that does not display publicly, can be provided upon request. Simple edits, such as a contact change, can be emailed to us directly.
Get in touch with us for any questions, requests, or to send completed forms.
|Tips for creating an effective profile|
Think of your profile as an online window to your facility with the potential to reach a diverse audience, including leaders in research, government, industry, academia, and other public- and private-sector organizations.
Help interested organizations find your facility by selecting only the sectors on your form that can benefit most from your research, and those within which you would like to form new partnerships and collaborations.
|Think in business terms and use plain language when describing what your facility does and the areas of expertise and research services. This will make your information more easily understood by a non-technical audience.|
Provide high-quality visuals and multimedia to create a comprehensive picture of the research expertise, services and infrastructure available at your facility.
|Keep your profile current. Refresh your profile with new content and keep us informed of changes and new information related to your facility.|